BIOS AGM & BOSTU AGM incorporating the BIOS 2014 Awards
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED
BIOS MEMBERS CAN ATTEND THE AGM - BUT PLEASE BEAR IN MIND THAT THERE MAY BE NO CATERING PROVIDED NOW IF YOU DIDN'T REGISTER IN ADVANCE
Location: Grocers Hall, Prince's St, London EC2R 8AD
Open to all BIOS members (no charge and free refreshments - and drinks reception after awards ceremony)
SPONSORED BY HAAG STREIT UK
Notice is given that the AGM for 2014 will be held on this day.
1330 -1400 Arrival Refreshments
1400-1515 AGM (BIOS & BOSTU)
- Receiving of previous year's minutes, Chair's Report, Officers/Representatives for 2014/5, accounts for 2013 and auditors' remuneration approval
- BIOS Review 2014 - outlining of main themes and discussion/feedback from members
- Resolution to set members' fee level for 2015
1515 -1530 Tea/coffee break
1530 - 1700 Clinical Programme
Public Health & Rehabilitation Services
- Linda Hindle, Lead Allied Health Professional for Public Health England. This post has responsibility for increasing the contribution of the 12 Allied Health Professions to improve public health across England, as well as supporting the national prevention programmes co-ordinated by Public Health England.
- Lindsey Hughes (Past Vice Chair of BIOS), seconded to NHS England as Rehabilitation Engagement Project Manager. She is leading stakeholder engagement for improving rehabilitation services and will report back to you on how this went
Oculoplastics & Orthoptics
Miss Julia Sen MRCOphth FRCS Ed (Ophth)- "Oculoplastics and Orthoptics"
Julia is the oculoplastics consultant, and the Worcestershire countywide surgeon for ocular prosthetics at Worcestershire Acute Hospitals NHS Trust . She particularly works with periocular tumours and practices the Mohs technique in high risk or recurrent basal cell carcinoma in order to ensure complete removal of the tumour prior to reconstruction of the subsequent defect working as part of the multidisciplinary skin cancer team to deliver the best possible patient outcomes. She will describe the Mohs technique, reconstructive techniques, and also discuss orthoptic and other adverse consequences of tumour recurrence.
1700 - 1715 Break
1715 - 1900 Awards Ceremony followed by drinks and canape reception
Details of awards - Fellowships are being bestowed on: Lesley-Anne Baxter, Chris Timms, Fanny Freeman , Alison Firth (already received at another occasion) & Dr Anna Horwood. Other awards are for Sarah Peel, Clare Berry, Rachel McKay, Dr Marie Cleary (Rachel & Marie have elected to receive their awards at the BIOS Scientific Conference).
Annual Report 2013 (V1): BIOS ANNUAL REPORT 2013.pdf
Latest Accounts 2013: BIOS Accounts 2013.pdf
BOSTU Accounts 2013: BOS TU Accounts 2013.pdf
Minutes from 2013 AGM AGM 2013 Minutes_VFINAL.pdf
Annual Report 2012 ANNUAL REPORT _ V2.pdf
Slides AGM 2013 & Awards 2013 AGM_AWARDS SLIDES 150613.pdf
Please register for the event - refreshments will be provided. Please indicate any access or dietary requirements when registering.