The course is designed for Orthoptists with a minimum of two years' full-time clinical experience who are keen to participate in the tuition of undergraduate Orthoptists.*
- Practical help in the planning for clinical placements
- Learning methods
- Clinical demonstrating
- Problem-solving teaching techniques
- Teaching aids
- Expectation of student competencies
- Grading of performance
- Assessment construction
- Development of reflective practice
The course is held over two days. Lunch, tea, and coffee will be provided as part of the course package on both days. Accommodation is not provided; however, there are hotels within easy access of the course venue, in Birmingham city centre or on Hagley Road. A meal at a city centre restaurant will be organised on Monday night for those wishing to attend.
Rosie Auld (Head Orthoptist, Birmingham and Midland Eye Centre)
Andrew Fox (Head Orthoptist, University Hospital Coventry)
There is a strict limit of 21 delegates, so please book here as soon as you can. If you want to book but all places have been taken, notify your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org: we will offer cancelled places on a 'first come, first serve' basis.
Delegates who have booked and need to cancel can choose one of these three options:
* Please note
- Substitute a colleague (at least seven days' notice before the start of the course)
- Pay 50% of the fee (provided you give at least seven days' notice before the start of the course)
- Pay 100% of the fee (if you give less than seven days' notice before the start of the course)
this course is NOT designed for those wishing to be Lead Clinical Turors. Lead Tutors need to undertake an educational course with 3 credit points. thos wishing to pursue Lead Clinical Tutors roles should contact their BIOS Branch Representative for assistance in choosing an appropriate educational course.