BIOS Introduction to Intravitreal Injections
IVT WET-LAB DAY AGENDA
MONDAY 27th November 2017, 9.30 – 16.00
Supported by Bayer*
09.30 Arrival and Pastries/Tea/Coffee
10.00 Introduction and Welcome - Declan McClements
1. Overview of A&P of the eye
2. Conditions treated with Anti-VEGF and pathways
3. Pharmacology Update (to include all drugs administered during the patient’s visit)
5. Lecture on the process of giving intravitreal injection
6. Issues around infection control and intravitreal injections
8. Post injection management
9. Risk and legal issues around extended role development.
LUNCH 12.30 -13.00
10. Wet lab practice the technique on pigs eye with saline
11. Summary and Evaluation
12. Close 16.00
Warrington Hospital, Lovely Lane, Warrington, WA5 1QG’
Who is the course for?
Advanced Orthoptists working in an extended role as part of the Medical Retinal team and Orthoptists from departments that are planning or already offer an orthoptist-administered IVT injections service.
As per the BIOS Standards of Practice for IVT injections, additional education and training are necessary for all practice not covered in previous training and education.
Non-members of BIOS - and colleagues from other professions such as Optometrists and Ophthalmic Nurses can register if spaces are available.
- £65 BIOS members
- £130 Non-members and other relevant professions who wish to attend (please get in touch) firstname.lastname@example.org
The price includes refreshments and lunch on the day, but EXCLUDES overnight accommodation or travel costs.
Cancellations may be made up to two weeks before the event, if you discover that you cannot attend.
After that time, you may send another similar delegate in your place - but no refunds can be made.
* This meeting has been kindly supported by an educational grant from Bayer. Bayer have had no involvement in the topics or speakers of this meeting