Clinical Tutors’ Refresher Course
Venue: Thackray Medical Museum, Leeds, LS9 7LN
Course facilitators: Laura Tuff and Danielle Guy
This is a one day refresher course for clinical teachers of undergraduate orthoptic students who would like to update knowledge of clinical teaching, refresh teaching skills and have an update on current university requirements.
This course will also cover:
· the expectations of students at each stage in the course,
· how to adapt your teaching to suit your learners,
· how to adapt your work environment to maximise learning,
· balancing clinical pressures whilst providing a productive learning experience,
· giving constructive feedback
· writing assessments.
This is a one day refresher course for Orthoptists who already have experience in clinical teaching and who have previously completed some training in student supervision. This course is NOT suitable for orthoptists who are new to the clinical teaching of undergraduate orthoptic students.