Clinical Tutors Course
13/14 July 2017, London
The course is designed for Orthoptists who are keen to participate in the tuition of undergraduate Orthoptists. The course is open to anyone wishing to become a Clinical Tutor.
- Aims and objectives
- Why BIOS offers the course
- BIOS website for SIG education
- Get to know everyone, reasons for attendance, experience if any
Session 2 Teaching Methods and Resources
- Awareness of different types of teaching methods and learning styles
- Activity- individual learning styles and feedback on alternatives
Session 3 Student Assessment
- Reflection on framework for assessment and types, purposes and principles
- Clinical placement requirements
Session 4 Supervision feedback and assessment
- Styles of supervision and supervisor and feedback and assessment
Session 5 Managing the less able student
Session 6 Summing up and questions
- Pastoral care and professional use of social media
- Managing the adult learner, determining the differences in competencies, the less able and difficult student. Departmental protocols on pastoral care and professional conduct
The course is held over two days. Lunch, tea and coffee will be provided as part of the course package on both days.
Course Tutors: Kelly MacKenzie and Chris Timms
£230.00 BIOS Members;
£350.00 non BIOS-members (Fees must be paid in advance of attendance).
Delegates cancelling may:
- Substitute a suitably-qualified colleague (please give at least 2 week's notice before commencement of the course).
or they will be liable to pay 100% of the fee
- Receive a full refund if cancelling on or before 26th June 2017
Address & Directions to the venue:
Moorfields Eye Hospital, London, EC1V 2PD (underground station Old Street, Northern Line)