BIOS Manager’s Forum -
Leads of Orthoptic Service UK & Ireland (LOOP)
THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED
7th October 2016
Crowne Plaza, Reading
Open to heads, managers, leads and deputies
Leadership and Current Issues in Healthcare
Who should attend? Heads, Managers, Leads and Deputy Heads in Orthoptic Departments in UK & I
Why should they attend? To assist with their knowledge of leadership, changing systems of healthcare provision, commissioners and receive an update on orthoptic services regionally and nationally.
Location Overlooking the River Thames, this contemporary hotel in a redbrick building is a 13-minute walk from Reading railway station, 2.3 miles from the University of Reading.
0930 – 1000 Registration & coffee
1000 – 1130 Morning Session - External Speakers
- Rosalind Campbell - AHP Lead – Workforce Efficiency, Department of Health
- Question and answer session
1130 – 1145 BREAK
1145 – 1300 Leadership and Commissioning Changes
- Follow up on Leadership and Prize-winners attending AHP Leadership Summit in September - Sonia MacDiarmid, Veronica Greenwood, Janice Hoole & Victoria Smerdon
- Vision Screening Commissioning success from Essex – Anita McCallum/Linda Melvin, Head Orthoptist from Mid-Essex
1300 1400 LUNCH
1400 – 1530 What is "Orthoptics"?
What does a “typical” department do and what is the view about supporting Extended Roles/Advance Practice Vs Core Orthoptics? Discussion and practical session
- Extended roles – use of terms / consultant (potentially link with Curriculum project and whether this should be extended to provide updated guidance)– Jane Hanley
- BIOS resource/support 2017 – Membership Survey et al – Have your say about what BIOS supports/commissions in 2017– Veronica Greenwood
1530 – 1545 BREAK
1545 – 1630 Summing up, actions and venue(s) for meetings next year
Cost (including lunch and refreshments) £60 members & £120 non-members (payable by card online);
Please indicate any dietary requirements or access issues when registering.
The price includes refreshments and lunch on the day, but EXCLUDES overnight accommodation or travel costs. Cancellations maybe made up to two weeks before the event; if you discover that you cannot attend after that time, you may send another similar delegate in your place.
Enquiries and any agenda items to Anita McCallum: firstname.lastname@example.org