BIOS Introduction to Intravitreal Injections
Led by: Lorraine North, Consultant Orthoptist,
Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust
Alcon Academy, Park View, Riverside Way,
Watchmoor Park, Camberley, Surrey, GU15 3YL
0900 - 1615Theory 0900 - 1230
1. Overview of A&P of the eye
2. Conditions treated with Anti-VEGF and pathways
3. Pharmacology Update (to include all drugs administered during the patient’s visit)
5. Lecture on the process of giving intravitreal injection
6. Issues around infection control and intravitreal injections
8. Post injection management 9. Risk and legal issues around extended role development.
Lunch 12.30 -13.15
Practical 1315 - 1615
Wet lab practice the technique on pig's eye with saline
Summary and Evaluation
Who is the course for?
Advanced Orthoptists working in an extended role as part of the medical retinal team and Orthoptists from departments that are planning or already offer an orthoptist-administered IVT injections service.
As per the BIOS Standards of Practice for IVT injections, additional education and training are necessary for all practice not covered in previous training and education.
Non-members of BIOS - and colleagues from other professions such as (optometrists and nurses) can register from 1st April 2016 if spaces are available.
- £65 (including lunch and refreshments) BIOS members
- £130 Non-members and other relevant professions who wish to attend (please get in touch) mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
The price includes refreshments and lunch on the day, but EXCLUDES overnight accommodation or travel costs.
Cancellations may be made up to two weeks before the event, if you discover that you cannot attend.
After that time, you may send another similar delegate in your place - but no refunds can be made.